Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all! May the sorrows and troubles of 2009 never be revisited and may the promise and hope of 2010 become a reality. After having just gone through a tough year myself and watching the struggles of others, I am more than happy to bid farewell to 2009. Let the new year be one of new beginnings, prosperity and happiness for all (or as close to that ideal as I can get). As I look back, I can't help but think of what I am most thankful for. First and foremost, family. Whether near to me or far, they are all close to my heart. I have embraced technology this new year, when my daughter and I were given the gift of the "web cam". Now my grandchildren are no longer 700 miles away, but right there on the computer screen - greeting me with their smiling faces, singing songs, telling jokes, doing a little dance. I can see them and hear them and it eases the pain that is always in my heart from missing them. I can listen to the knock-knock jokes forever and with the push of a button (and some prior arrangements with their dear parents)there they are. My day immediately gets better. Watching the amazement on their faces because they can actually see their Grandma and Aunt is something I will never forget. It helps me put things in perspective. The problems become smaller and easy to deal with. I remember that I am also blessed with many good friends, with a home that I love in a place I have chosen to live. I have a great daughter who is also a good friend living nearby and ready to share the good and bad with me. I have a good job and work with good people. I can spend my days and nights being creative and challenged. I have my strength and my health and my dogs who love me without question. Everything else just fades into the background. I hope I end this new year as I have begun...mindful of others, always choosing the right path and cautiously optimistic. It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment